Code::Blocks is a free C++ IDE designed to meet the extensive demands of C++ developers. Code::Blocks is very extensible and can be easily configured to maintain a consistent look and feel in your application across multiple platforms. If you are looking to develop cross-platform applications using C++, then this book is for you.
This book provides practical explanations for application development with C++ and Code::Blocks. You will get to grips with the many aspects of professional application development with the help of real-life examples. As you proceed through the chapters, you will see yourself effectively working with and implementing advanced C++ features in your application.
The book begins with an introduction to Code::Blocks and detailed instructions on how to install and configure it. You are then introduced to the process of application development with the help of real-life examples. Throughout the course of the book, you will learn how to develop GUI-based applications painlessly. The book also places special emphasis on debugging the application. The later sections take a closer look at using third party C++ libraries and how to implement wxWidgets to develop cross-platform applications. By the end of this book, you will know everything you need to know about C++ application development with Code::Blocks.
What you will learn from this book
- Install and configure Code::Blocks
- Develop console-based C++ applications
- Learn about Windows application development
- Understand the role of GUI toolkits
- Implement advanced Code::Block features
This is a comprehensive tutorial with step-by-step instructions on how to develop applications with Code::Blocks.
Who this book is written for
This book is for C++ developers who wish to use Code::Blocks to create applications with a consistent look and feel across multiple platforms. This book assumes that you are familiar with the basics of the C++ programming language.
- Paperback: 128 pages
- Publisher: Packt Publishing (October 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1783283416
- ISBN-13: 978-1783283415
Note: There is a file embedded within this post, please visit this post to download the file.
- Windows Phone 8 Game Development (21-02-2014)
- Professional Embedded ARM Development (31-01-2014)
- MCSD Certification Toolkit (Exam 70-483): Programming in C# (28-07-2013)
- Getting Started with Eclipse Juno (21-11-2013)
- Beginning C, 5th Edition (26-04-2013)
- Android Native Development Kit Cookbook (27-08-2013)
- .NET 4.5 Parallel Extensions Cookbook (25-11-2013)
- Xcode 4 Cookbook (25-09-2013)
- Windows Runtime via C# (11-12-2013)
- Windows Phone 8 Application Development Essentials (07-03-2014)
- Windows 8 MVVM Patterns Revealed (26-03-2013)
- Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8 Game Development (13-08-2013)
- SFML Game Development (03-10-2013)
- SDL Game Development (03-10-2013)
- Scala in Action (16-07-2013)
- RubyMotion (16-02-2013)
- Releasing HTML5 Games for Windows 8 (13-12-2013)
- Real World Windows 8 Development (21-06-2013)
- PySide GUI Application Development (06-03-2014)
- Programming the Mobile Web, 2nd Edition (19-04-2013)
The post C++ Application Development with Code::Blocks appeared first on Wow! eBook.